Here is a great idea to improve your relationships!
Take the time to write ‘101 Reasons” why you love (spouse, daughter, son, friend etc).
Send it to them in an email to make their day. It is the most wonderful exercise to give and to receive!
Here is one I wrote for my daughter:
101 Reasons to love Jannah:
1. She would give anybody in need the shirt off her back if they asked.
2. She almost always says “yes” and not “no” (babysitting for Jazzy, giving rides etc), unless she is sick or had pre-arranged plans.
3. If someone asks to borrow something, and she has it, she gives it to them
4. She tries to keep in touch with old friends & acquaintances & invites them back into her life ( i.e., Clint & Janet, Jim Jackson etc)
5. She will listen to her friends’ problems on the phone (or in person) for hours on end.
6. She has the most amazing Golden eyes that you have ever seen (even without makeup).
7. Her hair is glorious (with or without product in it).
8. She is a whiz at typing (it’s disgusting, really)
9. She is kind to strangers.
10. She has a tender spot for the handicapped.
11.She has a great deal of patience with children.
12. She has wicked skills as a teacher (VBS, Sunday School etc)
13. She has wicked skills as an organizer. (VBS, her husband are just a few examples of this)
14. She has good planning and execution skills (i.e., packing up her house, selling vehicles etc).
15. She tries very hard to be patient, loving, and respectful to her husband.
16. She is a very hard and conscientious worker on the job.
17. She is responsible with money (paying the bills, savings etc).
18. She loves God.
19. She is an avid student of the Bible.
20. She is not content to “stay where she is” in her life. She continually strives for change and betterment.
21. She loves the idea of “family” and family is VERY important to her (even extended family).
22. She has mad academic skills when she sets her mind to it.
23. She is an “Overcomer”
24. She wants everyone to be happy and at peace.
25. She wants everyone to get along.
26. She is an idealist.
27. She is practical.
28. She has mad card playing skills and I would never even think about seriously taking her on.
29. She loves her husband, her brother, her Father and her Mother.
30. She somehow always manages to pull off being one of the most beautiful women in the room.
31. She longs with great sentiment for the “joy” of Christmas every year.
32. She loves her Dad and longs to protect him from life’s hurts.
33. She is a very good granddaughter (loving and encouraging to her grandmother).
34. To shows great love, patience & kindness to her Uncle Barrie.
35. She humbly doesn’t think much of herself.
36. She really should think a GREAT DEAL of herself.
37. She is loved personally by about 1,000 people.
38. She humbly lets other people speak first.
39. She really loves a party or a big celebration.
40. She loves people.
41. She is learning to be okay with herself.
42. She dreams of being a Mother (an unselfish and noble dream).
43. Her musical interpretation is unique and deeply spiritual.
44. Her singing voice reflects “soul” because of what she has gone through in life.
45. She supports and encourages her friends and family when they are down.
46. She would make a phenomenal nurse.
47. She’s not the kind that gives up.
48. She forges her own path.
49. She is not afraid to speak out when she feels something is wrong or not right.
50. She is an amazing choreographer and a good dancer.
51. She writes captivating melodies.
52. She writes very meaningful lyrics.
53. She stands up for, and protects, her husband’s name.
54. Though she is quite often weighted down by difficult circumstances, she can usually see the bigger picture and what “can be.”
55. She is capable of removing herself from a bad situation (not everyone can do this).
56. She is very sympathetic, kind, and gentle toward animals.
57. She is patient and loving toward the elderly.
58. She likes to help people and gives good advice.
59. She is a great cook.
60. She has very good cleaning skills.
61. She loves to laugh.
62. She has an awesome laugh.
63. She is a good hiker.
64. She’s great at volleyball.
65. She’s fun to be in the woods with (camping, walking and talking etc).
66. Most people are either left brained (practical) or right brained (creative). Jannah is a fairly even mixture of both.
67. Ask her to “challenge” any test. If she wanted to, she could get a B+
68. She doesn’t really like to fish on her own, but if her younger cousin called her up and asked her to go with him, she probably would for his sake.
69. She’s not afraid of a big horse.
70. She doesn’t even realize that she is ALLOWED to slow down and ask herself what she really wants in life.
71. She can be the life of the party.
72. She has a great stage presence.
73. Her singing is angelic.
74. She is anointed by God, through her musical language, to usher people into the presence of God’s throne to worship. (She is a worship leader) 75. She genuinely seeks to do the will of her Father in heaven.
76. She boldly goes where most wives have never gone before (to the States with her husband).
77. She allows God to lead her (even when it hurts).
78. She has exemplary reading skills.
79. She has exemplary writing skills.
80. She believes the church can and should change the world.
81. She is continually offering suggestions on how that could be done.
82. She is not afraid to move herself out of her comfort zone to see that those things get done.
83. She’s a rebel and a hero.
84. She is learning that her friend’s approval doesn’t mean everything.
85. She is learning to “let go and let God.”
86. She is getting better at spending time alone doing peaceful things and loving being with herself and being in love with herself.
87. She is a special person and has brought countless hours of joy to her Mother’s heart.
88. She has taken many hours choosing just the “right” gifts for her Mother (I love the heart necklace and the writing book!), writing beautiful poems and cards to her Mother, and doing special things for her (I love the salmon meal you and Fred made for my birthday!)
89. She puts just as much effort into making her father, brother, relatives, and friends feel special.
90. She has a creative bone that has not yet reached its full potential.
91. She has boldly exposed her very sensitive, and true heart to her husband (good for you!)
92. I’ve seen her dance like nobody’s watching, and then taken the fall for it (continue to do it anyway!)
93. Don’t mess with the people she loves (you’ll hear about it!)
94. As a little girl, they didn’t come any more darling.
95. As a woman, they don’t make them stronger or more sincere.
96. She is a blessed woman because she has been blessed by God in so many ways. (but that is another list).
97. She has a secret not everyone knows (no matter what happens, God is in heaven, and ultimately all is well).
98. Her smile invades the darkness and transforms it into light.
99. Her heart is fragile, tender, and pure- Handle it with care.
100. But paradoxically, she is one of the toughest and strongest women you’ll ever meet.
101. Her life has meaning and purpose and she will, and already has, left a distinct mark on this world.